Our humble beginnings started off with a grass-thatched mud hut built in Windy Ridge in 1938.
In the 1940’s, the church moved to its current location. Building the old sanctuary commenced in 1948 and was consecrated on the 11th of October 1952 by Reginald P. Crabbe, Lord Bishop of Mombasa.
The church was initially presided over by curates and Rev. John Dáeth became the first Vicar in the 1950’s. St. Francis established its first daughter church- St. Barnabas Church in Otiende, Nairobi in 1960. Two more churches were started in the 80’s, St. Matthews Church in Langata and Christ the King Church in Ngando.
Over the years, we have continued to be deeply committed to our Lord’s great commission in Matthew 28:19-20 by supporting mission work in the less advantaged parishes such as St. Mary’s Meto of Kajiado Diocese, St. Francis of Taita Taveta Diocese and Kithima of the Meru Diocese.
The church has witnesses phenomenal growth over the years and in 2014, members of St.Francis led by the Vicar, Rev. Joyce Kariuki, embarked on building a new sanctuary to accommodate the cosmopolitan growth. The church was consecrated on 22nd November, 2015 by the retired Archbishop, Rev. Dr. Eliud Wabukala.